Research Grants and Fellowships
- 2018-20 – Principal Investigator, EU Creative Europe project Moving Digits: Augmented Dance for Engaged Audience, 597398-CREA-1-2018-1-PT-CULT-COOP1 (2 years), co-funded in: €200,000 (total project funds: €333,333). Led at Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute (with other 4 partners, from Portugal, Germany, UK and Estonia). Led team with 1 post-doctoral researcher and 1 PhD student.
Additional funding obtained for the project: EU STARTS (Science, Technology and Arts) Residency program: €15,000.
- 2014-16 – Marie Curie Research Fellow, EU Marie Curie Individual Fellowship, project Enabling Audiovisual User Interfaces, PIEF-GA-2013-627922, hosted by Goldsmiths, U. London (2 years), €299,558.
- 2013-14 – Principal Investigator, Aalto University Media Factory ‘proof of concept’ funding for the research project AVVX – Web Platform for Audiovisual Performance MediaLab-9480564 (6 months), €15,900. Led team with 1 post-doctoral researcher.
- 2007-11 – Doctoral Fellowship from Foundation for Science and Technology, Portugal – SFRH/BD/36888/2007 (4 years), €82,080. PhD project IAVO – Interactive AudioVisual Objects hosted at Aalto University, supervised by Prof. Tapio Takala and Prof. Sergi Jordà.
- 2018 – Estonian Research Council (ETAg) Mobilitas Pluss post-doctoral grant application.